Recreation Development Officer
- Permanent Full-Time
- Band 6
- Division: Infrastructure & Leisure Services
- Department: Arts & Leisure
- $76,171- $82,388 per annum (plus superannuation)
About Colac Otway Shire
The Colac Otway Shire is home to some of Victoria’s most iconic destinations including the Great Ocean Rd and the Otways National Park. An area of pristine beauty encompassing magnificent beaches and ancient rainforests.
The shire covers an area of 3,438 square kilometres (1,327 sq mi) and in June 2018 had a population of 21,503. It includes the towns of Apollo Bay, Beeac, Beech Forest, Birregurra, Colac, Cressy, Forrest, Johanna, Kennett River, Lavers Hill, Warrion and Wye River.
The shire office is located at 2-6 Rae Street, Colac.
- To support sporting and recreation clubs, community groups and individuals in Colac Otway Shire to increase participation in sport and active lifestyles.
- To provide expertise and advice in the planning, design, maintenance and implementation of recreation facilities to ensure they are well used, durable and fit for purpose.
- To oversee the management and use of Council’s sporting facilities, ensuring they are managed and used equitably and responsibly.
For a more detailed view of the position, please download the Position Description and for information on how to Apply, please download the Application Process document below.