Diversity and Inclusion - Building Physically Active Communities for All
– Increase your knowledge of diversity, inclusion and belonging
– Hear from those with lived experiences
– Learn how to apply the principles of diversity and inclusion to increase participation in physical activity
– Meet partners and agencies you can work with to achieve physical activity outcomes for diverse communities
– Build your knowledge and evidence base to deliver outcomes
– Enhance your interpersonal skills – influencing up and facilitating community development
Who should do this Course?
This course is recommended for people who are responsible for planning, designing, delivering and evaluating physical activity services, programs and infrastructure within their municipality. It’s not one person’s job, it’s EVERYONES!
– Sport and Club Development Officers
– Physical Activity and Participation Officers
– Sports Club Liaison Officers
– Recreation and Leisure Planners
– Leisure Facility Operators and Contract Managers
– Team Leaders and Coordinators
Week 1 – Increasing your knowledge of diversity, inclusion and belonging – The WHAT and the WHY
Week 2 – Lived experiences to build understanding and capture hearts and minds. LISTEN OUT – for opportunities, challenges and ideas
Week 3 – Increasing participation in physical activity through diversity and inclusion – The HOW
Week 4 – Power of partnerships and agencies to work with – extend the learning, share resources and achieve outcomes – The WHO
Week 5 – How to find your evidence base and deliver outcomes – The WHY
Week 6 – Develop your interpersonal skills – influencing up and facilitating community development
Kerry Wilson – A dynamic public sector leader and health promotion professional Kerry has spent 25 years creating healthy, active, equitable and inclusive environments. Sport is a life- long love that deserves to be nurtured to provide equal access and opportunities for all.
Jayde de Bondt-Pipan – Jayde is co-Chair of the Victorian Ministerial LGBTIQ Taskforce, and Engagement Lead at the Australian Institute of Sport. As an accomplished Community Development and Inclusion Specialist, Jayde has demonstrated experience in developing and delivering large-scale inclusion plans and initiatives, which improve community cohesion, connection and belonging.
Various guests from partner agencies and industry professionals
Mandy Nolton – Managing Director of Rec People, Mandy has the ability to provide a platform for engaging and developing the local government sector to partner with the wider sports community to deliver inclusive, equitable opportunities to participate in sport.
1.5 hour Zoom meeting per week x 6 consecutive weeks
1.0 hour of homework per week in between online meetings
$495 (plus GST) per person
$395 (plus GST) Parks and Leisure Australia (Vic/Tas only) member (to join click here)
$395 (plus GST) for a second, third or fourth attendee from the same organisation
$395 (plus GST) for registrants who have registered for one of our previous courses – use LOYAL100 as discount code
Date and Time
To be confirmed.